Regulation 35 of the Radiological Protection Act, 1991 (Ionising Radiation) Regulations, 2019 requires that appropriate education, training and information in the field of radiation protection is provided for all persons working with sources of ionising radiation. To assist our clients in complying with this legal obligation, Radiation Safety Ireland has developed a number of Radiation Protection training courses as follows:•
- Radiation Protection – X-Ray Equipment.
- Radiation Protection – Radioactive Sources.
- Radiation Protection – X-Ray Equipment and Radioactive Sources
- Radiation Protection – Electron Beam Systems
- Radiation Protection – Working with Nuclear Moisture Density Gauges
- Radiation Protection – ADR Transport Awareness Training
- Radiation Protection – Working with NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material)
- Radiation Protection – ADR Class 7 Specialisation Training for Transport of Radioactive Materials. • Working with High Activity Sealed Sources (HASS)
These training courses can be undertaken in three unique ways, i.e.
Course is carried out on your premises at a time that suits your operational needs. These are conventional, classroom based, one day training courses that are facilitated by Radiation Safety Ireland. Up to 10 persons may attend the training and the training day can be combined with a compliance assessment on site and a radiation dose rate survey around relevant equipment on site.
Course is facilitated by Radiation Safety Ireland through applications such as Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex or similar. This remote training option allows a number of participants from the same organisation to attend the training course at the same time, remotely, from home, or from their workplace. Up to 10 persons may attend the training course. Courses are run over one full day. Start and finish times are flexible and can be agreed to suit organisational needs.
You can undertake this training with complete flexibility, and at your own time and pace, whenever and wherever suits you. Simply log in to the online course and begin your learning experience. Eight modules must be completed along with the related learning assessments. Full support is available from Radiation Safety Ireland to answer any questions you may have or to explain any learning concepts in further detail.
Learning assessments are undertaken as part of all training courses and certification is provided by Radiation Safety Ireland following the successful completion of all courses. Certification is valid for three years at which time refresher training should be undertaken.