Who is this course for?
A Radiation Protection Course for Radiological Protection Officers, Supervisors and Users of Radioactive Sources. The course consists of 8 modules as follows:
- Radiation – Basic Concepts & Types of Radiation
- Health Effects of Ionising Radiation, Radiation Doses and Units of Dose
- Principles of Protection from External Radiation, Time, Distance & Shielding
- Classification, Packaging and Labelling of Radioactive Sources
- The Safe Transportation of Radioactive Sources including Emergency Procedures
- Compliance with Legislation and Licence / Registration Requirements
- Radiation Safety Procedures & Radiation Risk Assessments
- The Role and Duties of the Radiation Protection Officer
A learning assessment is undertaken on completion of each module and a training certificate is issued by Radiation Safety Ireland following the successful completion of the course. Certificates are valid for 3 years when refresher training is recommended.
Suitable for persons transporting:
- Radioactive Sources – Sealed and Unsealed
- Excepted Packages
- Up to 10 Type A Packages where the Transport Index is less than 3
- Nuclear Moisture Density Gauges