Who is this course for?
A Radiation Protection Course for Radiological Protection Officers, Supervisors and Users of Electron Beam Equipment. The course consists of 8 modules as follows:
- Radiation – Basic Concepts & Types of Radiation
- Health Effects of Ionising Radiation, Radiation Doses and Units of Dose
- Principles of Protection from External Radiation, Time, Distance & Shielding
- The Production of Electron Beams & X-Rays in Sterilsation Operations
- Protection From Electron Beams & X-Rays – Safety Control Measures to be Followed
- Compliance with Legislation and Licence / Registration Requirements
- Radiation Safety Procedures & Radiation Risk Assessments
- The Role and Duties of the Radiation Protection Officer
A learning assessment is undertaken on completion of each module and a training certificate is issued by Radiation Safety Ireland following the successful completion of the course. Certificates are valid for 3 years when refresher training is recommended.
Suitable for persons working with:
- Electron Beam Equipment