Remaining ahead of the curve
Dr Elaine Doorly was one of the very first graduates in the Republic of Ireland to obtain a Masters’ degree in Occupational Safety & Health and went on to specialise in the field of Radiological Protection with a PhD in Physics from Trinity College Dublin. She is now a recognised expert in this specialist field.
- B.Sc Hons Environmental Health, Trinity College, University of Dublin 1991 (2.1 Hons)
- M.Sc. Occupational Health, Safety and Ergonomics. National University of Ireland Galway, 1993
- PhD (Pure and Applied Physics, Environmental Radioactivity), Trinity College Dublin, 2006
- Certificate of Professional Development in Radiation Protection – University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Certificate in Training and Continuing Education, National University of Ireland Maynooth.
- Numerous specialist Radiological Protection courses undertaken including National Radiological Protection Board U.K. (now Public Health England)
- Radiation Protection Supervisors Course, and Radiation Protection Supervisors (Unsealed Sources) Course, King’s College London
- Radiation Protection Supervisor Course – Ionactive – Missenden Abbey, UK.
- Radiation Protection Adviser – approved and registered with the EPA Office of Radiation Protection as an expert adviser
- Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA)
Membership of Professional Organisations
Dr Doorly is a member of a number of relevant professional organisations including:
- The UK Society for Radiological Protection (MSRP) where she holds the title of Chartered Radiation Protection Professional (CRadP)
- The Institute of Physics (MInstP)
- The International Radiation Protection Association (MIRPA)
- The Irish Radiation Research Society (MIRRS)
Radiation Protection Advice and Training
Radiation Safety Ireland is an established and leading provider of Radiation Protection Adviser Services in Ireland. Clients are many and varied and include major pharmaceutical companies, research and education facilities, public sector organisations, gamma irradiator and electron beam sterilisation facilities, food and drinks industries, airport, bank and postal security facilities and waste management companies throughout Ireland.
Dr Doorly has extensive experience with all types of sources of ionising radiation, including sealed sources, unsealed sources, X-ray equipment and electron beam equipment and has undertaken work in a variety of settings from small manufacturing facilities to large multinational pharmaceutical plants. A professional, efficient, reliable and confidential service is assured and references are available from existing clients.