Who is this course for?
A Radiation Protection Course for Radiological Protection Officers, Supervisors and Users of Radioactive Sources. The course consists of 8 modules as follows:
- Radiation – Basic Concepts & Types of Radiation
- Health Effects of Ionising Radiation, Radiation Doses and Units of Dose
- Principles of Protection from External Radiation, Time, Distance & Shielding
- Formation of NORM and Radionuclides of Concern
- Working Safely with Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material
- Compliance with Legislation and Licence / Registration Requirements
- Radiation Safety Procedures & Radiation Risk Assessments
- The Role and Duties of the Radiation Protection Officer
A learning assessment is undertaken on completion of each module and a training certificate is issued by Radiation Safety Ireland following the successful completion of the course. Certificates are valid for 3 years when refresher training is recommended.
Suitable for persons working with:
- Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM)
- Technically Enhanced Materials with elevated levels of U238 and Th232
- Oil and Gas Industry Workers handling & working with NORM in sludge & scales